Covid affects us all.
We share your concerns about it, and are making profound changes to the way we do things to keep everyone and our chocolate, safe.
What we are doing differently
Based on recommendations from industry, public health and food safety experts, we have aggressively implemented:
- social distancing: fewer people on shift, working farther apart
- hand cleaning: relentless, peer and management monitored
- sanitizing: aggressive cleaning of surfaces
- information: ongoing communication to team members and public
- execution: non-stop monitoring by management to maintain the new standards
Hummingbird ships anywhere in Canada and the US. Upon request, Hummingbird may be able to ship to other locations internationally at an additional cost.
We work with Canada Post.
Our goal is to get your items to you quickly. Most domestic orders ship 1 to 3 business days after you have received your order confirmation.
As soon as your order ships, we’ll send you a shipping confirmation email with your Canada Post tracking ID number. You can click on the link in your shipping confirmation email, or copy and paste your tracking ID number into Canada Post’s website to locate your package. If you’re having trouble locating your package, our team is happy to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept returns or exchanges. Our number one priority is that you are delighted with your order. If you have any concerns or would like to share feedback with us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Yes we do!
1. When placing an order online, select “Pick Up” from the options in your cart.
2. After you receive an email that your order is ready, you're welcome to come to our shop Monday - Saturday from 10am - 5pm and Sunday from 11am - 4pm to pick up your order.
3. When you arrive, please come to the counter and provide your name and order number and a staff member will retrieve your package for you.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Yes! We offer local pick up in the heart of Westboro.
1. Pokoloko x Cloudforest Pop Up Shop located at 339 Richmond Road, in Westboro, Ottawa. Pick up available Monday - Sunday, choose any day once your order is ready. Click here for Pop Up details and hours.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions about local pick up.
Our chocolate is available in specialty stores, grocery stores, cafes, restaurants and hotels across Canada, and select locations in the US and internationally. Please use our Store Locator to find the closest retail location.
Hummingbird Chocolate is owned by Drew and Erica Gilmour.
Hummingbird was started in 2012.
Our ten-step chocolate making process takes one week and then we let it rest for a month. Ageing is an important part of the process as it allows the aromas and flavours of the chocolate to develop.