Covid affects us all.
We share your concerns about it, and are making profound changes to the way we do things to keep everyone and our chocolate, safe.
What we are doing differently
Based on recommendations from industry, public health and food safety experts, we have implemented:
- social distancing: fewer people on shift, working farther apart
- hand cleaning: relentless, peer and management monitored
- sanitizing: increased cleaning of surfaces
- information: ongoing communication to team members and public
- execution: non-stop monitoring by management to maintain the new standards
We offer a wide selection of vegan products including all of our dark chocolate bars! Use "vegan" in the search bar to see a list of vegan products.
For more information please see the ‘Product Details’ on each product page or send us a message for a list of all our vegan products.
All of our chocolate may contain nuts, peanuts and/or milk as these ingredients are used within the facility. If you have a severe allergy to any one of these we (sadly) advise against eating our chocolate. Our chocolate is, however, soy-free and gluten-free.
For any allergy concerns please see the ‘Product Details’ on each product page or send us a message and we can provide more details about our chocolate and how we handle allergens in our facility.
Hummingbird ships anywhere in Canada and the US. Upon request, Hummingbird may be able to ship to other locations internationally at an additional cost.
We generally ship with Canada Post or Canpar within Canada.
Our goal is to get your items to you quickly. Most domestic orders ship 1 to 3 business days after you have received your order confirmation. Please note that orders are not fulfilled over the weekend therefore an order placed after 3pm on Friday will be shipped on Monday.
As soon as your order ships, we’ll send you a shipping confirmation email with your Canada Post tracking ID number. You can click on the link in your shipping confirmation email, or copy and paste your tracking ID number into Canada Post’s website to locate your package. If you’re having trouble locating your package, our team is happy to help. Send us an email.
We do not accept returns or exchanges. Our number one priority is that you are delighted with your order. If you have any concerns or would like to share feedback with us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We are offering curbside pickup while our retail shop is temporarily closed.
1. When placing an order online, select “Pick Up” from the options in your cart.
2. After you receive an email that your order is ready, you're welcome to come to our shop Monday through Sunday between 10-5 to pick up your order.
3. Please park in the spots next to our front door and call or text us at 613-355-5580 to let us know you've arrived. Provide your name or order number and a staff member will bring your order outside for you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Yes! We offer local pick up at Cloud Forest Café x Pokoloko, located at 339 Richmond Road, in Westboro, Ottawa.
1. Select Free Shipping at Pokoloko as a shipping option at checkout. Please note this is not found under Pick Up, but Ship. Once you enter your info, you'll see this as a pick up location.
2. Receive an email from us that your order is ready for pick up.
3. Choose any day to pick up your order from Pokoloko once your order has been delivered.
* Please note that orders are currently being delivered to Pokoloko from Hummingbird once weekly, on Wednesdays.
Sunday - Thursday 9AM-5PM
Friday & Saturday 9AM-6PM
If you need your order sooner, please select shipping at checkout or email us with any questions about local pick up.
Our chocolate is available in specialty stores, grocery stores, cafes, restaurants and hotels across Canada, and select locations in the US and internationally. Please use our Store Locator to find the closest retail location.
Hummingbird Chocolate is owned by Drew and Erica Gilmour.
Hummingbird was started in 2012.
Our ten-step chocolate making process takes one week and then we let it rest for a month. Ageing is an important part of the process as it allows the aromas and flavours of the chocolate to develop.